When the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta moved into its new headquarters building in 2001, the Bank brought along some of its history. Five columns from the Bank's first permanent home, which was built in downtown Atlanta in 1918, stand in front of the current headquarters building. Perched atop one of the columns is a 3,300-pound cast bronze eagle that was crafted for the Bank's previous building. The eagle, which was completed in 1964, was made in Rome, Italy, by American sculptor Elbert Weinberg. It has a wing span of 16 feet.