Cash: Reports of Its Pending Death are Greatly ExaggeratedDespite many predictions of its demise, cash is here to stay, according to Take On Payments.
Coming to Our Census: A Look at the Atlanta Fed's Research D …
The Atlanta Fed is home to a Research Data Center (RDC), which gives qualified researchers access to data available in few other places. In this Economy Matters podcast episode, Julie Hotchkiss, director of the Atlanta RDC, discusses how the facility enables research that otherwise would not be possible.
A Trip Down a "Winding Road": A Recap of the 2016 Banking Ou …
The banking environment has smoothed out significantly since the days of the financial crisis and ensuing recession. The Atlanta Fed's supervision and regulation division recently held a conference to peer down the road, and Economy Matters' "ViewPoint" summarizes the discussions.
Are Lemons Sold First? Dynamic Signaling in the Mortgage Mar …
Manuel Adelino, Kristopher Gerardi, and Barney Hartman-Glaser
Working Paper 2016-8 (July)
Using detailed information about the residential mortgage market, the authors find a positive relationship between a mortgage's performance and its time to sale, providing some of the first evidence of a signaling mechanism through delay of trade.
What's Moving the Market's Views on the Path of Short-Term R …
Although trying to discern the future path of short-term interest rates is an inexact science to say the least, the market provides data that allow something akin to a look around the corner. A new macroblog post looks at the information that attempts to see down the path.
Construction and Real Estate Survey: Is the Glass Half-Full?
For the first time in our survey, half the builders said credit met or exceeded their demand. That's significant because lack of credit has been a major obstacle for homebuilders and one reason why construction is only a fraction of what it was before the downturn.
- Beige Book: Southeastern Businesses' Outlook Optimistic
- Data Digests Updated with Recent Data
- Beige Book: Southeastern Contacts Report Continued Modest Growth
- Beige Book: Southeastern Contacts Report Unchanged Conditions
- Beige Book: Southeastern Contacts Report Modestly Improving Conditions
- Cash: Reports of Its Pending Death are Greatly Exaggerated
- The 411 on Banning the RCC
- Surviving the Emerging Payments Providers
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place?
- There's an App for That!
- Construction and Real Estate Survey: Is the Glass Half-Full?
- Construction and Real Estate Survey: Keep on the Sunny Side
- Construction Lending Update: Have the Banks Finally Opened the Spigots?
- Construction and Real Estate Survey: Home Prices Up
- Construction Spending Update