- What Is the Community Reinvestment Act?
- Looking at Your Bank's CRA Performance—The Big Picture
- Standards Used to Evaluate Your Bank's CRA Performance
- Your Bank's Overall CRA Rating
- What Your Bank's Public CRA File Must Show
- Where You Can Find Your Bank's CRA Public File
- How You Can Comment on Your Bank's CRA Performance
As a financial consumer and a concerned citizen, you may be interested in how well your bank or savings and loan is helping meet the credit needs of your community, including low- and moderate-income areas. In fact, by law, the performance of every bank and thrift in meeting these needs is regularly evaluated and rated, and this rating is available to the public.
This document is intended to help you understand how this law—the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)—affects the way your financial institution serves your community. It describes the factors federal regulators use when they review a bank's CRA performance and explains the rating the bank receives. It also tells you what information is available about a bank's CRA rating and where you can find it.