- What Is the Community Reinvestment Act?
- Looking at Your Bank's CRA Performance—The Big Picture
- Standards Used to Evaluate Your Bank's CRA Performance
- Your Bank's Overall CRA Rating
- What Your Bank's Public CRA File Must Show
- Where You Can Find Your Bank's CRA Public File
- How You Can Comment on Your Bank's CRA Performance
Your Bank's Overall CRA Rating
Examiners assign your bank an overall CRA rating based on factors included in the performance standards described above. The table shows how these specific factors contribute to a large bank's overall rating of outstanding, satisfactory, needs to improve, or the lowest rating—substantial noncompliance. A small bank receives one of these four ratings based on its performance under the standards for small banks.
Regardless of whether your bank is large or small, any evidence of discriminatory or illegal credit practices will have a negative effect on examiners' evaluation of your bank's performance and could lower its overall CRA rating.