- Webinar on Regional Food System Investments
- Regional Food System Investments
- Fed Community Development Conference Resources
- Investing in America's Workforce Conference
- Webinar on Guarantees in U.S. Community Investing
- Small City Economic Dynamism Index
Webinar Will Examine Guarantees in U.S. Community Investing
Join experts from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, Kresge Foundation, and Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) as they discuss how guarantees can be used as a form of credit enhancement to channel more private capital to affect investing deals and projects.
Leaders will share their analysis of how guarantees have been used in U.S. community investing to date, including common features of guarantees based on a database of 58 deals. They will discuss recommendations for scaled use and also address barriers to using guarantees at greater scale in U.S. community investing.
The program will highlight specific case studies to show how guarantees have been used effectively to motivate capital to finance projects such as health care centers, affordable housing developments and preservation, energy efficiency retrofits, and neighborhood revitalization.
Daniel Davis, community development officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, will moderate the session.
- Abhilash Mudaliar, research director, GIIN
- Hannah Schiff, research manager, GIIN
- Kimberlee Cornett, managing director of social investment practice, Kresge Foundation
Register for the July 27 webinar, which takes place at 3:00 p.m. ET. Participation is free, but preregistration is required.
The Connecting Communities® webinar series is a Federal Reserve System initiative providing a national audience with timely information on emerging and important community and economic development topics. All sessions are recorded and archived on the Connecting Communities® website.