- Community Advisory Council
- Small Business Credit Survey
- Join the Conversation on Job Equity and COVID-19
Join the Conversation on Job Equity and COVID-19
The COVID-19 outbreak is making it clearer than ever how strongly public health and job equity issues coincide. While job equity will be one of three central issues at our Reinventing Our Communities 2020 conference (May 27–29), we are seeing an unprecedented level of public conversation right now, as many workers are faced with hazardous environments, forced to choose between health and income, or laid off with no safety net. We invite you to participate in the Twitter chat Job Equity and COVID-19: What Are We Learning? on April 1 at noon (ET). Hear from experts as we elevate local, implementable approaches to addressing job equity, economic insecurity, and the risks workers face in the wake of COVID-19 and beyond.
Some of our participants will include:
- • Heather Boushey, @HBoushey, Washington Center for Equitable Growth
- • Byron Auguste, @byron_auguste, Opportunity@Work
- • National Fund for Workforce Solutions, @National_Fund
- • The Aspen Institute's Workforce Strategies Initiative, @AspenWorkforce
- • Ashley Putnam, @AshleyAPutnam, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
How to join the discussion
- • Use the hashtag #JobEquityCOVID to participate.
- • At the beginning of the chat, participants will be asked to introduce themselves. Let us know you're there!
- • If you'd like to answer a question, please use "A[number]," as each question will have a number in front of it, such as Q1, Q2, and so on. You can either retweet the questions and add your answer above, or simply write a tweet using the hashtag.
- • We will try to retweet as many responses as possible, but we may not be able to retweet all of them.
If you'd like to continue this discussion, we invite you to join us in Philadelphia on May 27–29 for Reinventing Our Communities 2020: Equity InSight. We'll discuss job equity, wealth equity, and housing equity, with a focus on framing, learning, and applying new equity practices in all facets of community development work.
Thank you in advance for your participation. If you have questions about this Twitter chat, please contact Anahi Macauley at email@example.com.