- Webinar on Labor Force Challenges
- Service Providers' Challenges
- Webinar on Food Insecurity
- COVID-19’s Impact on the Childcare Market
- Perspectives from Main Street on COVID-19
- Research for Equity in Recovery
- Main Street Lending Program Expands
- Federal Eviction Protection Coverage and the Need for Better Data
- Southeastern Small Businesses and COVID-19
- Affordability of Childcare
- Community Reinvestment Act and COVID-19
- Household Financial Well-Being
- A Tale of Two Southeastern Cities
- Webinar about the SHED Report
- Protecting Vulnerable Populations from COVID-19
- Community Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Childcare Needs among Essential Health Care Workers and First Responders
- Small Business Credit Survey
Webinar Will Explore the Impact of COVID-19 on the Childcare Market
Join this free Connecting Communities webinar to learn how public policymakers and nongovernmental organizations can address childcare challenges that existed before the pandemic and have become magnified during it. Childcare plays a critical role in people’s ability to work, but many lower-income households do not have the economic resources to afford high-quality child care. On the provider side, already low margins mean many providers may close due to pandemic-related cost increases and revenue reductions.
Speakers will discuss how a successful response to the pandemic will require strengthening the childcare sector to address both the short-term economic threat and also provide for a more sustainable business model for childcare operators. The program will highlight how bolstering the sector can advance progress on racial and economic equity through access to high-quality childcare.
- Julia Barfield, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Eric Buchanan, Buffett Early Childhood Fund
- Bevin Parker-Cerkez, Reinvestment Fund
- Ben Horowitz, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Matuschka Lindo Briggs, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (moderator)
Register for the August 6 webinar, which starts at 3 p.m. (ET). Participation is free, but preregistration is required.
The Connecting Communities® webinar series is a Federal Reserve System initiative providing a national audience with timely information on emerging and important community and economic development topics. All sessions are recorded and archived on the Connecting Communities® website.