Supply & Demand: How Do Markets Determine Prices?
The concept of supply and demand is often called the heart and soul of economics. Understanding how supply and demand affect the economy helps us recognize economics everywhere in our daily lives. The infographic highlights basic concepts such as the laws of supply and demand, changes in demand and supply versus changes in the quantity demanded and the quantity supplied, the determinants of demand and supply, and market equilibrium.
The infographic has an accompanying worksheet with questions and activities to help you to reinforce these important concepts in the classroom.
- Battling Dads Illustrate Supply and Demand?
- Economic Lowdown Podcast Series, Episodes 6–8
- Economic Lowdown Video Series, Episodes 1–3
- Economics of Immigration: A Story of Substitutes and Complements
- Protection for Peanuts: Supply, Demand, Agricultural Support Policies
- Supply and Demand Infographic Classroom Activity
- Supply and Demand Online Course for Teachers and Students