EconSouth (First Quarter 2006)

BACK GROUND


High House/High Museum
 Photos courtesy of the Atlanta History Center (top) and the Woodruff Arts Center (bottom)
Mrs. Joseph Madison High donated the High House (top) to the Atlanta Art Association in 1926, and it housed the High Museum of Art and the art school until 1955. In 2005, the High Museum unveiled its expansion (bottom), designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano.


Return to Index