A Symposium on 1073: Exploring the Final Remittance Transfer Rule and the Path Forward - September 6, 2012
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Conference Center, Third Floor
1000 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309
The Retail Payments Risk Forum hosted an invitation-only symposium at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta to explore the final Remittance Transfer Rule, how the industry can move towards achieving compliance, and the landscape of the remittance transfer business after the implementation of the rule. The Symposium on 1073 facilitated a discussion among industry stakeholders, with panelists assessing the rule's impact, sharing implementation plans, and generating solutions to issues created by the rule. The event offered a unique opportunity for attendees to engage with remittance industry thought leaders as well as senior representatives from the regulatory community.
Key topics that the day-long symposium covered include:
- An overview of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Remittance Transfer Rule
- The effects and unintended consequences of the rule
- How remittance transfer providers will achieve compliance
- Issues created by the intersection of the Remittance Transfer Rule and Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A
- Perspectives on the future landscape of the remittance business
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.